Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Calgon Take Me Away

It has been one of those days. I have learned an important lesson today. Do not put uncooked spaghetti in the garbage disposal. After El Destructo spilled a bunch on the floor I scooped it up and threw it in the sink. It went down okay, but it clogged up the sink. It was a job no plunger could handle. I had to unscrew about three pieces of pipe to get all of it out. There were little bitty pieces of noodle welded together blocking the entire pipe. All this happened after Ethan colored all over the wall, spilled hamburger blood all over the stove and unwound a roll of paper towels. Then the coffee maker I got off of freecycle and which I was using to warm up Carter's bottle as he screamed started leaking out blackish water from the bottom all over the counter (which still had all the dirty dishes I had to take out of the clogged sink on it). Then the phone rang and the hamburger started to burn. When I finally got everything cleaned up and lunch made I realized that it was early release day and I was late picking Laurin up from school. I wish I had a margarita, ha ha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful about leaks under the sink if you tightened the pipes again without using the tape or a glue stuff. Been there and done that when your dad didn't have time to help me "plumb". Mom