Monday, May 14, 2007

What Was Your Name Again?

I have been thinking lately about Pastor Tom and the thing that keeps coming to my mind is how he knows my name. As someone who seems to be easily forgotten by people I can't express how much that means to me. To me it is a sign of respect to learn someone's name. If you can't remember my name after I've met you several times, to me it is a sign that I'm not worth the bother.
The Lord reminded me of a verse about Moses in Exodus 33:12-- You said, 'I know you by name.....' The God of the universe knows my name. The maker of heaven and earth knows who I am. The Alpha and the Omega has chosen me to have a relationship with Him. He has redeemed me and called me by my name. I am His. (Isa 43:1) Do I still have worth when no one on earth seems to know I exist? The Lord says YES!

No comments: