Shauna tagged me on her blog, so here are my answers. Of course there are so many more reasons, but these stuck out as I was thinking of what to write.
1. He is not selfish at all. He shares so much--His blood, His spirit, His power, His birthright, His word, His creation, and the list goes on.
2. He will never leave me nor forsake me.
3. Jesus gives us second chances, and third chances, and fourth chances, and 77X7 chances.
4. He was tempted in every way we have been tempted so that He can show us mercy and grace, and He showed us how to face temptation without sinning.
5. He was willingly tortured, spit on, heckled, speared, and crucified so that I could have a relationship with Him.
(As I'm looking at these I feel a bit ashamed that they are all about what Jesus has done for me, but the bible does say, "We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19)