Thursday, September 27, 2007

EEK!



I was out looking for the cat the other night when an ugly rat-looking thing came crawling out from under my van. It was coming straight for me and I thought that it was going to run right into me. I made a move to run, but I was so curious as to what it could be I just stood there gawking. It finally saw me when it was about 3 feet away from me and cut across the yard just lumbering along. I don't know why I thought muskrat, but after looking it up on the internet I saw a picture that looked just like my furry visitor. Paul, being a wildlife biology grad, said that it was probably a young one that got the boot from his momma and was looking for another pond. We do have a couple of ponds only a few blocks away, so that's where he would have come from. I wish him luck on his journey especially since he'll have to cross four lanes of traffic to get to any other water.

No comments: