Thursday, February 7, 2008

Things That Go Crash, Screech, Boom in the Night




I had just fallen asleep after reading some of the Shining (not recommended night reading) when I was startled awake by what sounded like a sherman tank dragging my truck away outside. I couldn't see anything on my street out the window, so I went downstairs to where the faint glow of blue and red shone. Across the main road there was a small suv high centered on a planter in the neighbor's front yard. I didn't know the extent of the damage done until the next morning when I saw the wreckage of two fences (on opposite sides of the road) and the car tracks that led right up to the front steps of the house. I don't know if the person was drunk or what, but I am glad that we don't live off of of Dotsero anymore.

No comments: