Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Poor Baby Ethan




This morning I was in the middle of changing Carter and Ethan started screaming behind me. I turned around to see him on his face after falling off of the portable baby swing. I left Carter diaperless on the blanket and rushed to Ethan to see the damage. His whole mouth was filled with blood and I was sure that half his lip must be gone. In total mommy mode I decided that I had to take him to the pediatrician and made an appointment as soon as I could get him in. Then I remembered that our new insurance is crap and decided to see how things looked after I had a chance to calm down. His lip has swelled up quite a bit, but thankfully the cut isn't as deep as I initially thought it was.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Poor baby. When Isabelle was about that age and smashed her mouth against the corner of an end table, I wanted to take her straight to the ER because with all the blood I wondered if she had knocked a tooth loose. At the rate that Miss J is trying out new stunts ...